Start Right ...Stay Right Orientation Basics
Key Learning Points
- Sets new hires up for success
- Models "success behaviours"
- Clarifies organizational expectations
Here’s an easy-to-use training solution for communicating organizational expectations to new hires.
Designed to be used in group training or self-study, this film walks new hires through a set of 24 behaviours that are guaranteed to lead to success on the job.
You spend a lot of money recruiting and hiring employees, this program helps to ensure that the people you bring on board stay on board.
What if you could easily show your new hires the kinds of behaviours you expect from them-including everything from basic workplace etiquette (like being aware of personal hygiene & appearance) to more advanced things (like showing appreciation to co-workers and taking initiative)?
Start Right...Stay Right Orientation Basics is a modified version of the comprehensive Start Right Stay Right. It is simply a video with a host who leads viewers through vignettes demonstrating 24 success behaviours.
The video is divided into four sections: You and Your Mindset, You and Your Co-Workers, You and Your Manager or Supervisor, and You and The Organization. Each section runs about 10 minutes long. The segments can be watched back-to-back, in one sitting or viewed in sections. Here's the best part of this new video product: You can fully facilitate the training or just let the video stand-alone. A Leader's Guide containing group exercises, activities and reproducible worksheets is supplied, but the video can also be used effectively without wrap-around discussion or activities.
- You and Your Mindset: Take Responsibility for Yourself; Keep Learning; Be Patient; Be Appreciative; Think Health & Safety; Look Your Best
- You and Your Co-Workers: Contribute to the Success of Others; Be a Team Player; Be Considerate of Others; Give & Earn Respect; Quit Whining!
- You and Your Supervisor or Manager: Volunteer & Show Initiative; Exceed Expectations; Keep Your commitments; Ask for Feedback; Keep Your Boss Informed; Focus on the Big 2 (Increase Revenue and Decrease Costs)
- You and the Organization: Put Customers First; Follow the Rules; Work the hours You're Paid For; Accept and Adapt to Change; Embrace Diversity; Act Like an Owner; Perform with Ethics & Integrity