Generations: MEET for Respect in the Workplace
Key Learning Points
- Don't make assumptions based on age
- Remember that different generations communicate differently
- Each generation has varying comfort levels with technology
This title is part of our Winter Sale.
Save up to 35%
Click HERE for the details.
Help is here! VisionPoint’s Generations tackles the complexities of effectively working in and managing a multi-age workforce. This program provides insights and strategies that will minimize generational conflict, promote respect and strengthen communication and collaboration to make any workplace more productive.
Six thought-provoking video vignettes illustrate the most common generational issues in the workplace:
- Assumptions based on age
- Communication styles
- Use of technology
- Work ethic and loyalty
Additional video vignettes for managers include:
- Younger manager supervising an older employee
- Leading a multigenerational team
Participants will experience how to use the M.E.E.T. (Make time to discuss; Explore differences; Encourage respect; Take personal responsibility) approach to discuss and resolve generational differences in a way that maintains respect and productivity.
At the conclusion of the program, participants will be able to:
- Identify defining characteristics of the four generations in the workforce
- Recognize issues and situations that may be influenced by generational differences
- Apply practical tips for working successfully in a multigenerational workplace
- Use the M.E.E.T. model to communicate effectively and maintain a respect-filled workplace